Q. How long have you been involved in wrap?
A. 12 or 13 years ago I went to my first orientation.
Q. What is a short definition of wrap?
A. It's wellness recovery action plan. It's a personal living document to help you stay well.
Q. What are the five parts of a wrap plan? A. Triggers and action plan, early warning signs and action plan, signs of when things are breaking down and action plan, crisis planning and post crisis planning.
Q. Is the wrap plan the same as the crisis plan we do with Seth?
A. The crisis plan is only one part of a wrap plan.
Q. What is a wellness toolbox?
A. Those are the things that you can do for yourself to make yourself feel better. You double check your daily maintenance plan to make sure you've done everything that you usually do.
Q. Do I have to be mentally ill to do a wrap?
A. No. A wrap plan is for anybody for anything that they want to work on. Examples are excercise, diet, employment, housing.
Q. Can you share any examples of how you think the wrap has helped you or anyone you know?
A. Well I think I was using parts of it before but once I learned it it has helped me to be better. I am aware of my problems earlier.
Q. How do I use the wrap?
A. We can keep track of the things we do everyday. It's good to have them written down in case you are not well enough to remember everything. Having a toolbox helps us to feel when when we have triggers or things are breaking down. A crisis plan will help us to have the best care when we are unable to make decisions for ourselves. Our supporters will also become involved at this time.
Q. When will the groups be taking place? A. When we get funding so we can use all of the support we can get. Tell your providers that you are interested in the program.
Q. Who is the founder of of the wrap program?
A. Mary Ellen Copeland got help from her mother and other peers through focus groups. It is an evidence based practice which means that it has been proven effective.
Q. What is a daily maintenance plan?
A. The things we do every day to stay well.
Q. What is a crisis plan?
A. The things that we would like to see happen when we are in crisis. We can list preferred treatments, faciloties, medications, and supporters both personal and professional that we want involved
Q. What are triggers?
A. External events or circumstances that if they happen may produce very uncomfortable systems such as anxiety, panic, discouragement, despair or negative self talk.
Q. Is there anyy other important information that you would like to share? A. I just want to add the 5 key concepts. These are hope, personal responsibility, education, self advocacy and support.
We look forward to facilitating a group soon. If you have any other questions come by on the weekend and talk to Leah or Marisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment